In a bid to formalise their partnership, ANOCA and Gangwon Province, Republic of Korea, recently signed a Memorandum of Understanding in Cairo, Egypt.
The Memorandum of Understanding was concluded with a view to establishing a system of close cooperation between both organisations, which have agreed, through mutual exchanges, to combine efforts with the major objective of developing winter sports and ensuring a successful hosting of the Winter Youth Olympic Games, Gangwon 2024.
In this Memorandum of Understanding, ANOCA and Gangwon Province agree to support each other and collaborate in the following areas:
- Promoting the successful organisation of the Winter Youth Olympic Games, Gangwon 2024;
- Participating in the winter sports support project for young people from snowless countries;
- Encouraging young Africans to participate in the Winter Youth Olympic Games, Gangwon 2024;
- Supporting the joint organisation of the Games by the South-North to achieve “Peace Olympics”;
- Other matters relating to the mutual development of the Parties.
Extolling the bilateral relations between his institution and Gangwon Province, ANOCA President Mustapha Berraf said: “Gangwon Province is friends with sporting Africa. It was time for our Olympic Movement to establish dynamic and active cooperation with this great Province. I am mostly happy for African youths because this collaboration will be very beneficial for them especially ahead of the Winter Youth Olympic Games billed for this beautiful city in 2024. By signing this agreement, we hope to further consolidate the close and friendly cooperation for shared success in the years to come.”
Suffice it to note that President Mustapha Berraf signed on behalf of ANOCA, while the Governor of Gangwon Province, Choi Moon-soon, signed on behalf of his Province. ANOCA Executive Committee members were also present at the signing ceremony. The Agreement adds to the range of partnerships concluded for the benefit of African youths by the supreme governing body of the African Olympic Movement, under the stalwart stewardship of President Mustapha Berraf.