The Association of National Olympic Committees of Africa (ANOCA) based in Abuja, Nigeria, is recruiting new staff for the following position:
– Accountant (Reference ANOCA / HR / ACC / 002/2022)
This recruitment (new position) is part of the restructuring of ANOCA Administration and its professionalisation. The accountant will work under the direct supervision and responsibility of the Finance Director. He / She will be responsible for all the financial records and will be contributing to the establishment of the Finance Department of ANOCA.
This appointment also aims at strengthening the principle of good governance and separation of powers within the organisation.
PLACE OF WORK
The successful candidate will work at the ANOCA headquarters located in Abuja, Nigeria
- Handle bank transactions, manage relationship with banks and provide monthly report to Finance Director
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation to be approved by the Finance Director
- Prepare and present daily financial obligation to Finance Director for approval and payment
- Record and keep daily transaction manual
- Ensure effectiveness of service providers to meet contractual agreement and prepare payment
- Liaise with Tax Authorities and ensure compliance
- Under the supervision of the Finance Director, control and maintain the store
- Assist the Finance Director to prepare final accounts for the External Auditors
- Assist NOCs to access funds as provided on the budget and Olympic Solidarity programmes
- Monitor, ensure proper and timely financial reports from NOCs
- Provide weekly NOCs financial reports to the Finance Director for approval and upload to SharePoint
- Carry out any other duties as delegated by the Finance Director
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or equivalent
- Postgraduate qualification and professional qualification will be an added advantage
- Experience in financial and management accounting
- Knowledgeable in financial and management software
- Experience in Olympic Solidarity programmes and financial reporting is an added advantage
- Proficiency in computer usage and computer software such as MSWord, MS Excel, PowerPoint, and other accounting or management software
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Fluency in either English or French is required
- Understanding of the Sports industry, in particular the Olympic movement will be an added advantage.
When submitting their applications, candidates must provide:
– A cover letter not exceeding one page, signed and dated (in PDF)
– A CV of no more than three pages (in PDF)
– The contact information of two references
All documents must be submitted in French or in English
ADDRESS TO BE USED FOR SUBMISSIONS
Applications should be sent only in electronic format and to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates who have not received acknowledgment of their applications at the closing date
must notify ANOCA at email@example.com
When submitting, candidates must specify in the subject’s area of the email: the position that they are applying for (in this case – Reference ANOCA / HR / ACC / 002/2022).
The deadline for receiving applications is Monday 18 April 2022 at 17h00 GMT
N.B.: Outside standard acknowledgment of receipt for applications received, only candidates selected for interviews will be notified on the fate of their applications.